An evolving list of the little things I do to feel safe… do you have things you do? What are they?
- I always have “real” clothes on when I’m awake (bra, underwater, jeans, shirt). If I can’t feel it on my body, I get squeamish… though the bra thing is more for pain management than protection.
- I have to have a dog, preferable a bigger one. If they are resting, it’s safe to let my guard down.
- Pj’s always include pants, preferably heavier ones. I need to know I have clothes on.
- My back is towards the wall, not the door or window. Corners are even better.
- I have to be able to see and easily access the exit.
- I dislike taking anything that incapacitates me when I’m not around someone safe. I hate feeling drugged during the day.